Here is a list of things that Im actively working on NOW (updated April 2016)
Activities for Dustin Wants to Know:
- Designing this site and producing content
- recording interviews for upcoming episodes of DWTK Podcast
- trying to market and promote the Podcast
- Struggling with the idea to niche down to define an audience
- Member of Fizzle.co to establish community of fellow online “Entrepreneurs”
- Just published my 10th episode! I missed one on Easter Sunday, but Im back on schedule.
- Working in B2B sales for Insperity, trying to get small businesses to outsource their HR to my company. Good company with a good service, but very difficult sale.
- Trying to build up some referral sources instead of cold calling.
- Still trying to make my first dollar online. My podcast has gotten me some wine, but no money yet!
- On the final week of paternity leave, that flew by fast! Had a lot of ambitious goals to get things done around the house but being a stay at home parent is more than a full time job!
- Still adjusting to life with 4 kids. The twins were a big shock to the system, but honesty the anxiety of their arrival was more of a bear than the actual work has been. We have been very blessed with 2 calm and healthy girls!
- Trying to find the ideal balance of father / husband, business sales guy, wantrapreneur, and now podcaster.
- Trying to improve cash flow: earn more $ AND spend less $ wishing I was MR Money Mustache
- Pursuing a fat loss goal. I started just after Thanksgiving 2015 when I weighed 227 lbs at 27% body fat, more or less. Read the 4 Hour Body and implamented Tim’s Slow Carb Diet and am now down to 205 lbs at 23.3% BF. Seem to be stuck at this weight and while I am building muscle, I still have an extra 20 lbs of fat to lose. May have to start calorie counting or doing more cardio. Started the Stronglifts 5X5 program and LOVE IT. I actually look forward to going to the gym 3X per week!
- Learning to brew Kombucha